AVV Job Ticket
RWTH Aachen has offered its employees the AVV Job Ticket since 2011. AVV Job Tickets are discounted transit passes for employees at a firm or institution. The Job Ticket aims to make using public transportation more attractive and reduce the use of personal vehicles.
- +49 241 80 94116
- Send Email
Who can acquire a AVV Job Ticket?
Basically all public servants, employees and apprentices of RWTH Aachen may acquire the AVV Job Ticket.
Except for the following individuals:
- Student and enrolled scientific assistants
- Employees who are simultaneously enrolled and are allowed to use a Semester Ticket
- Disabled individuals with a valid pass, who have a token for free rides on public transportation
- Public servants during parental leave except those, who are still working with less hours during the legal period before the parental leave starts
- Individuals who perform military or civil service
- Collaborative apprentices (Verbundauszubildende)
- Public servants who are suspended/on sabbatical without pay
- Public servants, who are on a leave of absence during partial retirement
- Visiting researchers, private lecturers, unbudgeted professors, and contract lecturers, if they do not have any other employment status or relationship with RWTH Aachen, that authorizes them to acquire a job ticket, for example wissenschaftliche Beamte or academic staff
- Medical personnel, who work as part of the University Medical Center, specifically those who fall under Section 2 Paragraph 4 of the Cooperative Agreement between RWTH Aachen and University Hospital Aachen from August 26, 2004
Areas of Validity
The Job Ticket is valid in the second class of all of the buses and trains in the Aachener Verkehrsverbund, AVV for short. Aside from the city of Aachen the AVV encompasses the Aachen city region, the districts of Düren and Heinsberg and many neighboring communities in the VRS area.
You can also go to neighboring counties with your Job Ticket in certain bus lines. An overview is available in the document AVV Areas of Validity.
You can use your ticket around the clock and during your free time. The ticket can be used a family and group ticket during the week starting at 7pm and on the weekend and on federal holidays. On those days you can bring an additional adult and up to three children under 15 years of age. This does not apply to the AVV Job Ticket for apprentices.
The price of the AVV Job Ticket at RWTH Aachen depends on your city of residence, that is the zip code which you provided to the human resources department, and its respective tarif zone.
The prices are listed here. The price for apprentices remains the same regardless of the place of residence.
The services connected to the ticket are the same for all employees, regardless of the place of residence.
The area of validity of the AVV Job Ticket can be expanded upon request:
- As a monthly subscription for an additional 88.90 Euros to include the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Sieg, VRS for short
- As a monthly subscription of an additional 85.30 Euros for rides in a part of the VRR, for employees who live in certain communities in the Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Ruhr or VRR zone.
- As a monthly subscription for an additional 37 Euros for adults and 21 Euros for apprentices (region3tarif) for bus rides that cross border areas in the three-country point
The prices for the supplemental tickets are deterimed by the participating transportation assocations.
Starting January 1, 2017, job ticket holdes can purchase so-called EinfachWeiterTickets (de) for individual rides into a neighboring Verkehrsverbund – a region outside the area of validity of the job ticket. A ticket for 2nd class costs 6.40 euros.
Use the online form to apply for a Job Ticket.
You will need your TIM ID and password. After completing the application the Job Ticket will be sent to your person address.
Online Application and Security Information
Your data is safely transferred through a https connection. However use of the form and entering personal information, such as account information, in an unsecured environment such as internet cafés, cell phones, or public wifi is subject to security risks.
The individual submitting the application assumes responsibility for these risks.
We recommend using a RWTH Aachen VPN or a computer in the RWTH Aachen network.